The majority of labels are owned by UMG (Universal Music Group) & are only subcategories, Interscope is a subcategory. KonLive is a subcategory for Interscope, so I assume Intercope can't be that bad if she had chosen to stay with them for as long as she has. 

Then again, the music industry is a shady place and all record labels find a way to bone you. 😆

I think every smart label should support and push their artist as far as possible. The more the artist is known, the more people have a chance to like the art, the more will be sold (or nowadays streamed) and the label will get its cut.

For the label its always a cost-benefit calculation and sometimes the art will suffer (For example: the "Stupid Love - shot on iPhone" case).

But I believe Interscope and Gaga have a solid relationsship, she has a pretty extensive artistic freedom (just think about the Artpop-era) and Interscope makes a lot of money.

• LOVE 1

I think it is! There are many trashy labels out there but Interscope isn't part of that list.

It's the best one for her, their catalogue is full of amazing artists and imo she gets everything she wants.

There was a rumour about Warner wanting Gaga and fighting with Interscope during the ASIB soundtrack so I'm pretty sure her relationship with Interscope is even better than it was in the first place.

Gaga is THE artist of Interscope. That woman power is something no label would let go.

From Apple, to Intel, to the WHO, to US Presidents, tour force, the residency, the sales, now streaming, cinema...

• TEA 1

I would like to say that they are a good label but I don’t know if they are worthy of being called that - at least when talking about Gaga - and I say this because I’ve seen how they massively support on their social profile other artist to lengths they don’t promote Gaga. I won’t name names but they have gone out of their way to put upcoming artists everywhere. Whether it’s on the media, radio, pushing their singles and albums etc. Lady Gaga is one of their biggest artist IF not the biggest. Now I don’t know if this lack of “superficial support” which is what we get to see as the public is not done to the same extent because of Gaga’s name recognition but still I believe she should be front and center when it comes to helping promote her work.

Of course Gaga must have much more freedom when it comes to her work being promoted for multiple reasons, one being her time with interscope - over a decade now - so their dynamics must be different than the way Interscope goes about promoting new artists work.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that they would be a much better record label (including UMG) if they would promote with much more vigor her work as if any new record she puts out its the very first one. This is simply how I see things, and I might be completely wrong since I don’t know what happens behind close doors. My hope is that they can get their act together and give Gaga much more support that can be visible our our end as the Fans and as the audience.

not terrible ,not good. as someone said on twitter, there's a reason she killed them in G.U.Y. video

Posted (edited)

idk... which labels are good, anyways?
Every label has their flaws and they can only do so much... it also has to do with having a good manager that gets you gigs like Bobby cause, idk, f*cking Hailee Steinfeld could be on Interscope or the BEST label you could think of but... since she's so bland... we can't blame the label can we?

to further prove my point, lets look at Katy Perry. She shares labels with Troye Sivan. Capitol did (not anymore) a great job promoting her but he just can't break through. Also, Capitol is kinda messed up bc as long as Katy was their cash cow they gave her flaw free eras. I mean, Teenage Dream > Prism > One Of The Boys > Witness... but now that she's not doing the numbers that she used to do they barely support her anymore.

Ariana is another case. We can all agree that she's having hear peak since november 2018 with the release of Thank U, Next and even if the girl is in her most successful era, they barely spend money on her videos, she barely does performances... Maybe all Republic is focused on is on Spotify playlists? IDK.

My point is: every label has it's flaws and it's virtues. Interscope let's Gaga be free and make her own decisions. She earned it. I think if y'all dislike the videos that's more on her and her own artistic vision. She's the one to "blame" if you don't like Joanne era's videos (I did). I doubt she was FORCED to film the SL video with an iPhone. I'm pretty sure she was ok with it. Gaga/Interscope have always had a partnership with Apple just like with Starbucks. I think the only choices Interscope do make for Gaga are the single choices because when she followed her gut and went for Alejandro when they wanted DITD it got them a hit but then Artpop happened and she wanted aura or s*xxx dreams and I feel like she has given up on that a little bit. 

sorry for the long *ss read  

Edited by Ferrer Zorola
  • LOVE 1
  • TEA 1

Yes. They put enough effort into all of their artists. Gaga, Billie, Kendrick, etc. Even the new ones like Juice WRLD, DaBaby, Playboy Carti, Trevor Daniel. They do what they can to make a song a hit. Their artists are less likely to be hated by the GP for being overplayed or all over the place. If you like at artists of Republic like Ariana, Taylor, Drake and Post Malone, they’re EVERYWHERE to the point it feels like they don’t even have to try and you as a listener you can’t even take them seriously because they’re sellouts. Interescope seems to balance between art and commercial success.

• LOVE 1

On 6/17/2020 at 12:42 AM, BadGurlMadge said:

Let’s just say they ruined Madonna but they aren’t the worst

What did they do? 

Sorry I haven't followed Madonna's career very closely. 

On 6/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, BadGurlMadge said:

Let’s just say they ruined Madonna but they aren’t the worst

Madonna has been doing the most random things since MDNA, don't blame the label if you don't like her artistic choices lol

• TEA 1

They probably are treating her a lot better now. If Warner music really wanted her Interscope must have offered her better. They are probably giving her a lot more freedom to do what she likes now then before. 

9 hours ago, thet1234 said:

They probably are treating her a lot better now. If Warner music really wanted her Interscope must have offered her better. They are probably giving her a lot more freedom to do what she likes now then before. 

She's literally free to do whatever she wants ahah

21 hours ago, M△⃒⃘tt said:

Madonna has been doing the most random things since MDNA, don't blame the label if you don't like her artistic choices lol

It’s not like that, it’s that Madonna hasn’t had the rights to release the singles she’s wanted from her albums as she wanted anymore, but yeah they’re okay for Gaga

On 7/20/2020 at 11:20 AM, hey said:

What did they do? 

Sorry I haven't followed Madonna's career very closely. 

Madonna is very famous for doing thing she wanted to do herself and released all the singles she wanted when she was signed to the world’s best record label “Sire”, but during the switch to interscope her creativity declined and she couldn’t release the stuff she wanted etc so she brought her own label back “Maverick” for Madame X and did exactly everything she wanted.

1 hour ago, M△⃒⃘tt said:

She's literally free to do whatever she wants ahah

Thats good. But sometimes she needs to be reigned in. 

On 7/21/2020 at 4:27 AM, BadGurlMadge said:

It’s not like that, it’s that Madonna hasn’t had the rights to release the singles she’s wanted from her albums as she wanted anymore, but yeah they’re okay for Gaga

Madonna is very famous for doing thing she wanted to do herself and released all the singles she wanted when she was signed to the world’s best record label “Sire”, but during the switch to interscope her creativity declined and she couldn’t release the stuff she wanted etc so she brought her own label back “Maverick” for Madame X and did exactly everything she wanted.

so right now Madonna is with both Maverick and Interscope? She can't just leave Interscope, she has a contract and I think Madame X was the last album on that contract? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I don't think any corporations should be involved so deeply with art these days, tbh I pray for Gaga to go independent. She has the recognition and loyal fanbase to do well on her own, I think. There may be less money around but I think it'll help Gaga strengthen the bond to her art and fans.

• LOVE 1