Hello, everyone! This is my first post, and that’s pretty exciting.

I am a senior level graphic designer who has always enjoyed pop culture design. I’m currently gagging over the Chromatica aesthetic with its references to 70’s and 90’s design trends, while making it feel current.

What are y’all’s thoughts on the colors, the typography, the promo art? 

There’s even some visual callbacks to The Dark Crystal, Power Rangers and more!

It’s a beautiful world that I can’t wait to dive deeper into.

• LOVE 5
  • WOW 1

Welcome on the forum! On stupid love I had a major 80s throwback but for Chromatica I don't know what to expect, I hope to get some videogames-visual.

• LOVE 3

A big part of the excitement for me is the aesthetic and what has yet to be released. DEFINITELY on board with the dark crystal vibes. I can't wait to just immerse myself in this new record 💕⚔️

• LOVE 4

I love it! it's so refreshing and iconic, I'm glad whoever is designs the screen is doing the most

• LOVE 3

47 minutes ago, NateyBlahBlah said:

A big part of the excitement for me is the aesthetic and what has yet to be released. DEFINITELY on board with the dark crystal vibes. I can't wait to just immerse myself in this new record 💕⚔️

Right? Everything is colorful but dark and edgy and I love it. I have a feeling SL was the brightest visual we will get.

1 hour ago, M△⃒⃘tt said:

Welcome on the forum! On stupid love I had a major 80s throwback but for Chromatica I don't know what to expect, I hope to get some videogames-visual.

I bet Enigma will be very video game inspired if she does a single for it. Who knows!

• LOVE 1

I'm loving this aesthetic this era. The stupid love visuals, the album cover, the rain on me cover, the billboards, the symbols and of course the photo gaga used last week or the week before to announce the new release date. I'm obsessed with that photo. 

• LOVE 1

Hello everyone, designer and not! I'm Nicola, a new member 🤗

I have seen that many of you are loving the style of Chromatica: can you tell me more? What kind of graphic design is it positioned in? What fonts (or similar) are used? What color palette? There are artist/singer or other that have used the same style?

I am very curious about it and I would like to use this style in other work

I need your precious help! 🧡

Thanks in advance 🤩

1 hour ago, NicolaBiscaro said:

Hey! I have posted a more specific discussion right now. 

If you want to give me an answer it would be an honor. 

Hey! I merged your discussion in this topic ❤️If you want you can check the designers Instagram @trvsbrthrs @100br @d.pika @cavecanems

• LOVE 1
  • YAAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, M△⃒⃘tt said:

Hey! I merged your discussion in this topic ❤️If you want you can check the designers Instagram @trvsbrthrs @100br @d.pika @cavecanems

Thanks a lot 🤗

• LOVE 1

I'm gagging over the visuals !! The colors are amazing and that retro vibe is amazing.

I hope we will see more of a videogame visual as matt said

I'm loving it tbh!

But I want more machine! The cover.. the Paper Magazine give me that the man in the machine ala Giger! I hope she gives us more of that kind of visuals not just promos.

On 19/5/2020 at 23:23, wucromaa said:

you will certainly like this topic: 

ClBbOCU.gif

I don't have the permission to see it  😞 

1 hour ago, NicolaBiscaro said:

I don't have the permission to see it  😞 

You need 6 more comments 😞