Liam

DISCUSSION Which song deserved to be a single?

Each Gaga album has plenty of amazing tracks. But sometimes, the ones we feel should be the singles, don't end up getting the single treatment.

So, if you could go back in time and make Gaga release ONE extra single from one of her albums (doesn't matter if it's the lead, second, third, or last), which song would it be?

Personally, I would choose Gypsy.

I would've loved to see it as the fourth and final single from ARTPOP, maybe with a video/radio release in May/June 2014. I feel with the correct promotion, it could've been one of the top songs that summer. It was a fan-favourite, and one of the most radio friendly songs on that album. Plus, it just gives off such a nice feeling when you listen to it.

• LOVE 2

I agree with Gypsy. Also DITD deserved to be more than just a promo single imo 

• LOVE 2

Definitely DITD. I cry thinking about a possible music video.

• TEA 1

DITD for sure. And Monster!! It could be such a Halloween classic. I wish she didn’t rush to end that era. 

Venus! I know it was a ~promo~ single but we still need a music video for it.

• LOVE 1

Monster should have been the last single from TFM, a few months after Alejandro.

Always Remember Us This Way deserved a US release

1. Starstruck
2. Scheisse
3. Gypsy
4. Always Remember Us This Way

9 minutes ago, M△⃒⃘tt said:

Any answer besides Scheiße is wrong! 😂

Dance in the dark (ww), SHICD, Bloody Mary, Mary Jane Holland instead of G.U.Y

By Madonna: White Heat, Till Death Do Us Apart (😔), Survival, Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories)

58 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Dance in the dark (ww), SHICD, Bloody Mary, Mary Jane Holland instead of G.U.Y

By Madonna: White Heat, Till Death Do Us Apart (😔), Survival, Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories)

Love Tried To Welcome Me, Spanish Eyes and To Have and Not To Hold deserved too! I'll never forgive her for not releasing these masterpieces as singles.

• TEA 1

Starstruck is the most solid answer. For that time, that song was a perfect choice for a single, truly a major hit waiting to happen. It had everything, from a Flo Rida feature, to a hip-hop inspired production. Isn't it Platinum eligible too? That says it all.

• TEA 1

4 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Starstruck is the most solid answer. For that time, that song was a perfect choice for a single, truly a major hit waiting to happen. It had everything, from a Flo Rida feature, to a hip-hop inspired production. Isn't it Platinum eligible too? That says it all.

Same! Monster deserved as well.

Brown Eyes

Boys Boys Boys

Summerboy

Starstruck

Dance In The Dark

Monster

So Happy I Could Die

Aura

Swine

Sexxx Dreams

John Wayne

Why Did You Do That?

Edited by StupidSexxxAura

the fame — justice for starstuck and boys boys boys
the fame monster — dance in the dark and even teeth imo i hear that being used in so many things even to this day
born this way — scheisse would've become an edm/dance club staple and i think hair could've been an anthem too tbh
artpop — gypsy absolutely is one of the biggest losses, it's insanely powerful and timeless, and i feel like it could've become a song that people would want to cover for years and years to come, and i would've loved to see a video for venus
joanne — hey girl could've been a really fun pop culture moment and been a strong message for the competitive pop-girl landscape and the constant fandom wars.

Edited by heavymetallover
  • LOVE 2