GRAMMYs Red Carpet
- By Terran
- 508 views
Date: February 10th 2019 Location: Staples Center (Los Angeles, California)
With five total nominations at the 2019 GRAMMY Awards, Lady Gaga arrived on the red carpet with two wins already under her belt and in an amazing sequin dress that perfectly combined her classic Gaga flair with classic elegance.
Covered in metallic silver sequins, Lady Gaga wears a customized version of look 86 from Celine's Spring 2019 collection which was Creative Director Hedi Slimane's debut collection with the fashion house. Instead of a cocktail style dress, Lady Gaga's customization had the dress reach the floor with a leg slit on her left side.
The dress also features a large sculptural ruffle along the left side that while on the carpet Lady Gaga placed her arm between. She later joined host Alicia Keys on stage to open the show and accepted her third Grammy of the night for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance with Bradley Cooper for their song "Shallow" in this look!
Finishing her outfit, Lady Gaga wore an amazing pair of metallic silver platform sandals from Jimmy Choo! She has recently been seen in multiple pairs of Jimmy Choo heels and these are my favorite so far! The sandals are the "Max" in metallic silver that is nearly impossible to find online or for sale, however many other variations can be purchased.
Fun fact - Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez posed together on the red carpet both wearing these Jimmy Choo "Max" sandals in two different colors/fabrics!
To accessorize, Lady Gaga wore another necklace rom Tiffany and Co's "Blue Book" Collection. This time she wore the boundary-pushing necklace from the 2018 collection. The 2018 collection was the "Four Seasons of Tiffany" and the necklace was part of the Winter designs.
“The Tiffany Blue Book Collection serves as a laboratory for developing groundbreaking concepts that will one day make their way into new collections. It’s where our most creative, experimental and innovative ideas begin,” says Reed Krakoff, chief artistic officer, Tiffany & Co.
World-class skill is required to accomplish this innovative ice-motif design of such exactitude, where the cut and placement of each diamond is carefully considered. Totaling over 91 carats, each one of the 237 uniquely cut diamonds is different and irregular—chosen specifically to fit into an intricately connecting puzzle.
I know you are probably look for a price tag on this necklace, but Blue Book prices are not released as they are not for sale to just anyone in a Tiffany and Co store. They are also all in the millions.
Lady Gaga also wore some incredible diamond earrings from Tiffany and Co. The earrings boast princess-cut cut diamonds of over 5 carats each—expertly crafted with small round brilliant and square diamonds in the setting. Again, a price is not available as they are not available for sale to the public.
BONUS: Lady Gaga's Sarah Tanno revealed all the details on this soft grunge glam! Inspired by rock culture, Sarah calls this look "Blacquer" and wanted to created a lived in look with messed black liner smudged imperfectly - it was achieved fully with Marc Jacobs Beauty products!
To start, Sarah used a "dime size" amount of "Shameless" Youthful-Look 24-Hour Foundation, complete with SPF 25, to even out Lady Gaga's skin tone. It is available for $46 here.
To create her lived in smudged eyeliner, Sarah used the "Highliner" Gel Eye Crayon in the deepest, shiniest black "Blacquer" on the outer corners top and bottom and smudged the liner so it looked like it was put on yesterday. Get your own stick for only $25 here. To add definition she layered waterproof liquid eyeliner "Magic Marc'er" to the lash line. It is sold for $30 here.
Next, Sarah added eyeshadow to diffuse the liner with the shade "Catwalk" in the new "Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette" in Steel(etto) and she used the shade "The Concrete" to shade her eyes naturally. The palette with the shades is available for $49 here.
Her and LG decided to skip mascara and lashes. It was about the shape of the eye and not about being to glam.
To finish, Sarah applied the "Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick" in the champagne shimmer shade "Sugar Sugar" to created a paled out nude, it is sold for $28 here.
BONUS: Lady Gaga's hair and wig artist Frederic Aspiras revealed the details behind her beautiful rock star look and exactly how to achieve this look using Joico products and GHD (Good Hair Day) tools. Check out the step by step instructions with links to all the products below!
1. Use Joico Defy Damage Protective Shampoo and Conditioner to prevent damager and replenish moisture, leaving hair healthy and shiny. This line was just announced at the end of 2018 and debuted in Europe just three days ago!
2. Apply Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield to protect hair against mechanical and thermal damager from root to tips to damp towl dried hair.
3. Use the GHD Detangling Comb ($22) to distribute product to each section.
4. Section hair into four sections.
7. Frederic created two types of waves by using two different irons. The first iron is the GHD Platinum+ Style ($249) and he used it to create wide flat "S" waves throughout. The second iron is the GHD Curve Soft Curl Iron ($199) and he used it to create "curl and slide" curls throughout the hair. Mixing the two textures of curls give a more natural lived-in look.
8. Spray Joico Body Shake Texturizing Finisher ($19.99) all over the hair while shaking out waves with fingers.
9. Using the blow-dryer on cold, on the low setting, move and open up waves more while closing up hair cuticles to make the hair shiny.
10. Finish with Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil ($22.99) on ends leaving the rest of the hair untouched.
By Terran Warden